Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Month.

As I'm sitting here watching London sleep, I can't help but wish these past 5 weeks would have gone by a little slower. It feels like just yesterday I was holding him for the very first time. To think that he is already a month old blows my mind. Yesterday we had London's one month check up and everything looked great. He weighed 8 lbs and 15.5 oz and he measured 21 3/4 inches long. He also rolled over (back to front) twice while we were at the doctor's office. His pediatrician said he was being a little show off since that was the first time he had done that. ;) He also had to get a shot which completely broke my heart! As soon as it was over I scooped him up into my arms and held him as tight as I possibly could. Although I hated more than anything to see him in pain, it was an indescribable feeling knowing that I could bring him such comfort. Today we took London to have his picture made with Santa at Northlake mall. I was excited that he was actually awake for the picture! Of course, as soon as the picture was over he went right back to sleep. London has been such a good baby from the moment he was born. He is so laid back and really only cries when he is really hungry. He usually goes between 2-3 hours in between feedings during the day and between 3-4 hours at night. I am still breastfeeding, but we have also started supplementing some formula. London does really well with both. This makes things a lot easier, because Justin can help with feedings. Tomorrow we are heading to the beach to visit grandma and grandpa for a few days. The rest of the family will be coming on Friday/Saturday and we will be celebrating grandpa's 80th birthday. I'm really looking forward to being there and having some time to relax with no agenda before I go back to work. Speaking of going back to work, Monday is the day. I will work the entire week next week and the two days (teacher workdays) the following week and then will be out until January 2nd for Christmas break. Even though I'm only going back for a week, I am still feeling sad and anxious about returning to work. I don't want to leave London. I know that it is going to be a difficult transition, and I'm just trying to prepare myself for that. I know I will cry, a lot. But, I also know that God will carry me through and He will give me the strength I need. For anyone that is reading this, I would greatly appreciate your prayers. Well, I am going to feed little man and then head to bed. I will end with some pictures of my sweet boy. Until next time...

Hugs,
Meredith










No comments:

Post a Comment